Our Daily Schedule
A typical day consist of both planned and unplanned events. A daily schedule is provided to help guide learning experiences and give children the security of knowing what will happen next.
Our day begins with:
- A.M. Greeting / Small Group Activity, Children enjoy playing as they anxiously await for the arrival of their friends.
- Breakfast, Happy Healthy Eating habits are encouraged and allow children the opportunity to socialize during mealtime.
- Music & Movement, To encourage listening skills, language, and literacy. The children enjoy a variety of nursery rhymes, poems, kid aerobics, kid yoga, & dance.
- Circle Time (Morning Meeting), To include our welcome song, recognition of the calendar to determine the day, month, & date of the year, the weather, story time, and whole group instruction to explore topics of study and increase language & literacy.
- Learning Centers, Children work in their learning centers and are able to build social skills, problem solving skills, fine motor development, creativity, mathematical thinking, language & literacy. (During this time children are called into small groups to participate in one on one activities to increase learning skills).
- Gross Motor, Active indoor / outdoor games & play to increase physical development and exercise.
- Creative Arts, Exploration and use of a variety of materials for tactile experiences and self-expression.
- Lunch, Happy Healthy Eating habits are encourage and allow children the opportunity to socialize amongst friends.
- Nap Time, Everyone has a rest period. Children who can’t sleep rest quietly on their mats. As the children awake, we prepare for clean-up time.
- Circle Time (Afternoon Meeting), To include science and math activities to increase discovery and exploration, problem solving, fine motor, self-help skills, and story time.
- Afternoon Snack / P.M. Greeting / Indoor-Outdoor Play, A light afternoon snack is provided as children prepare for dismissal and enjoy small group activities as friends depart at staggered times.
*Health & Safety is a priority and frequent hand washing is a model for proper hygiene at TLPW.
*Potty training / bathroom breaks are provided throughout the day on an as needed basis.