Information You Can Use
The Little Peoples Workplace believes in partnering with families in the care and education of young children. Stay informed with information you can use to play, learn, and grow together.
Just for Kids
- Primary Games – Fun place to learn.
- Gamequarium – A portal to 2000 online learning games for kids.
- Fisher Price – Fisher Price… online games for kids.
- PBS Kids – Info on all PBS kids shows.
- National Geographic – Be a National Geographic kid! Games, photos, and animal facts.
- Kids Health – Kids health information from health experts.
- Starfall – An interactive learn to read web site for children.
- Kids Resources – Resource for kids’ activities, educational toys, and parenting advice.
- Kid Street News – Monthly guide to activities & events for family and children in the Baltimore-Washington area.
- Noggin – A nick jr interactive preschool site.
Just for Parents
- MSDE Healthy Beginnings – Supporting Development and Learning from Birth through Three Years of Age
- Family Support Services Coordinators – To assist families of children with disabilities ages birth to 21.
- Family Watch Dog – Dedicated to making computers safe and secure for families.
- Parenthood – Useful articles on parenting.
- Code Amber – Kids ID kits, Amber Alerts, and sex offender registries.
- Fox 5 News – Metropolitan news broadcast for weather storm watch, school closings, and emergencies.
- Schools Out – Immediately shows parents when school is out due to an emergency at the school.
- Port Discovery – Children’s Museum in Baltimore MD
- Public Libraries – Maryland Public Libraries
- Adult Education/GED – Maryland Diploma options/GED tests/Preparation courses
- Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development – Assisting families in buying and preserving their homes and creating safe, affordable rental housing.
- Emergency Assistance Program – The program assists customers with dependent children under the age of 21 who face an immediate crisis and need help.
- Prince George’s County Child Care Subsidy Program – To provide financial assistance with childcare costs to eligible working families.
- Services – My Prince George’s County – To help P.G. County residence prepare for any type of emergency or disaster.
- Download brochure – Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- The Arc of Prince Georges County, Housing and Utilities Resources – Here you can learn more about the five important steps in buying a home and about financial assistance programs.
- Health Department – Provides health services for adolescents, adults and seniors, and women and children.